Do you have TMJ or TMD?
Temporomandibular disorders (TMD), often mistakenly called TMJ, which specifically refers to the joint in the jaw itself, can be painful and cause dental issues that may be hard to identify. At Artistic Touch Dentistry, we’re here to identify TMD/TMJ disorders and help develop a treatment plan.
Some of them symptoms include:
- Limited ability to open your mouth
- Pain or tenderness in and around the mouth, neck, jaw, and shoulders
- Jaws that get “stuck” or “lock”
- Popping sounds when you open and close your mouth
- Difficulty chewing or discomfort while biting
It is also quite common to experience earaches, headaches, neck aches, or general pain around your jaw. People may get TMD by clenching or grinding their teeth, or there may have been an injury to the joint in the jaw. The only way to know for sure is to have a thorough examination done by your dentist. Contact us and make an appointment with Dr. Maryam Brazdo today!